NBS (nature-based solutions) specialist
We're seeking qualified a NBS (nature-based solutions) Specialist with relevant experience in Forestry and Carbon sequestration project management. We help our clients transform their business to become more aware and sustainable in their supply chain.
LocationRemote or based in Berlin
As NBS (nature-based solutions) Specialist you will have a strong connection/network with our carbon project owners and developers around the world. You will mesure the impact of your work with the sales team and closely with our corporate clients. The ideal candidate will have professional experience with REDD+, AFOLU, ARR project development. The candidate will be a quick learner with strong technical skills, and have the ability to showcase our offerings compellingly.
- Support GO2 sales team in the Structured carbon deals business practice, including large-scale multi-year carbon deals with a long-term focus, structured carbon project finance opportunities, and carbon credit procurement facilities
- Develop a list of potential clients in key industries defined with both public and private sector clients
- Deliver an offsetting strategy aligning with client ambitions and targets, including both technical analysis, (project feasibility studies), and financial analysis (profitability, valuation of credits)
- Development of emission reduction projects (CPAs), incl. drafting feasibility studies, creating design documents, project validation, monitoring, reporting and verification under a variety of carbon standards.
- Having visibility of our carbon offsetting project portfolio and understanding current project investment opportunities.
- Several years of relevant work experience, including several years of experience in Forestry, Project Management, development roles within the sustainability sector and global leadership roles
- Deep knowledge and expertise of carbon markets covering voluntary carbon standards (VCS, Gold Standard and other VCM standards), and project development processes
- Enthusiastic in approaching potential new clients and project partners, generating new business opportunities for the sales team and closing deals and meeting customer needs
- Knowledge of different types of carbon removal, carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) technologies is considered an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish. Any other language is a plus
Does it sound like you?
Please send us your resume and cover letter (PDF or Word document) to
email@example.com. Please no phone calls or office visits, and no recruiters.
GO2 Markets is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status.